What We Believe
What We Believe
- We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, which was shed for us at Calvary, cleanses us of all sin and grants us access into the presence of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope: the soon-coming and personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ. That Jesus Christ will come again to earth in glory and power
Who We Are
Who We Are
Jesus House Cleveland (JHC), a life-filled, Bible believing and teaching church, is a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). The global vision of RCCG is to have a church in every city of the world, five to thirty minutes’ drive from each other. This vision is borne out of the desire to reach everyone with the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ, and disciple them to live victoriously for Him on earth as we get ready for eternity with God in heaven..
Under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, Pastors Francis Akin and Bunor Tella began a weekly house fellowship (Bible study) group in their apartment with a membership of thirteen people, including children and adults. This blossomed into Jesus House Cleveland with the inaugural service on August 4th, 2002 at the Hampton Inn on Euclid Avenue, Wickliffe. Weekly services continued at this location until November 2003 when the church began to lease parts of its current location
Over the past years, Jesus House Cleveland has consistently continued to grow as we pursue our vision of being a house for all people, bringing hope to the downcast, comfort to those who hurt, strength to the weak, demonstrating God’s love and power, and upholding His standards of righteousness.
Meet Our Pastors
Francis Akin and Bunor Tella have served as pastors in RCCG for more than 25 years. They began their pastoral ministry in Lagos, Nigeria where they pastored for 5 years before relocating to the United States. In 2002, they felt led by the Lord to start Jesus House Cleveland.
They are passionate about seeing lives transformed through an encounter with Jesus Christ. As teachers of the word of God, their desire is to see believers discover their purpose in life, understand who they are in Christ, and live fulfilled and rewarding lives
In addition to their pastoral duties, Francis Akin & Bunor also currently serve as Provincial Pastors in RCCG North America.
Francis Akin and Bunor are blessed with two wonderful sons; Stephen and Joshua Tella.